CAREER RELATED TOPIC

 The way I chose my career was quite peculiar. In the sense that all my life I prepared myself both mentally and academically to study mechanical engineering or astronomy. during high school I took physics electives and did physics math tests, you could say that during those four years I did one or two PSU tests in total of language and history. 

However, at home I used to have a passion for reading and politics in general, I would check out history books from my father's library. In my family it was not very valued to study humanistic careers because of its reduced field of work and offers in the job market. However, days before choosing which career to put as my first option to enter a university, I talked to an uncle to guide me regarding the difficult decision, and he ended up convincing me to choose the career of sociology. 

So far, in the three years I have been studying sociology, I have really liked it. The texts I used to read as a hobby are now part of my curriculum so I read them with pleasure. Moreover, I feel that as a social scientist I can better fulfill my goal of helping this society to overcome inequality than if I had studied the career I had originally planned (mechanical engineering). 






Comentarios

  1. Sociology its great,,and if you are persistent, you can get a job....go for it

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I think sociology or every career related to social science have an especial meaning...

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

A country i would like to visit

Free Topic: The trumpet, my favorite instrument.

my english language challenges during this period.